YOUTH DEVELOPMENT CREDENTIAL
What Is the Maine Youth Development Credential?
Maine Roads to Quality Professional Development Network, in partnership with the Maine Department of Health and Human Services Office of Child and Family Services and the Maine Afterschool Network, has developed the Maine Youth Development Credential to provide additional, specialized professional development opportunities for practitioners working with school age children and youth in Maine.
Youth Development Credential
Youth Development Credential Brochure
Each Maine Credential requires the following components:
- Documentation of specific training and/or education requirements.
- Submission of evidence documenting understanding and mastery of the competencies defined in each Maine Credential.
- Feedback or other documentation regarding the practitioner’s engagement with families.
- An on-site visit consisting of an observation and/or interview.
MRTQ PDN convenes Review Teams quarterly – in January, April, July, and October – to review Maine Credential applications. For detailed information about the Maine Credentials, please click on a specific Credential above.
Renewing your credential?
- For the application to renew your Maine Youth Development Credential, please click here.