Who can join the Registry?
There is a place for all early care and education and out-of-school time professionals on the Maine Roads to Quality Registry. You can join if you:
- Work in a center of any size, own a family child care home, work with children in an out-of-school time setting, or care for children as a license exempt (LE) provider
- Are new to the field or have many years of experience
- Provide direct care or provide staff supervision
- Teach children or teach teachers
- Own a for-profit program or administer a nonprofit program
- Provide services to families or deliver developmental therapy or special education services
- Work at Child Development Services
- Work in a public school
Why should I join the Registry?
As a Maine Roads to Quality Registry member, you will receive:
The Maine Roads to Quality Registry Certificate: The Maine Roads to Quality Registry recognizes experience, training and education. When you join the Registry, you complete an application with supporting documentation including past work history, training completed in the past five years and proof of relevant credentials that you have earned. Your level on the Career Lattice is calculated based on this information. You will receive a Registry Certificate that identifies your current level on the Career Lattice. As you gain additional experience, training, or earn a credential, you update your Registry record and receive a new certificate. Your Registry Certificate is visible proof that you have a commitment to professional development in the early care and education field.
A Maine Roads Professional Development Profile (PDP): Your Maine Roads Professional Development Profile is a record of your education and ongoing training since you joined the Registry. Your PDP is an excellent tool to document that you have met training requirements for: Child Care Licensing, national accreditation, obtaining a CDA (through participation in the Maine Roads Core Knowledge Training Program), and possible college credit.
What is the cost to join the Registry?
Am I required to join the Registry?
In Maine, Registry membership is required for those in the early care and education or out-of-school time fields if:
1. You are an employee in a Child Care program that is licensed in the State of Maine.
2. If you are a licensed exempt Child Care provider in the State of Maine that serves children and families receiving Child Care Development Fund (CCDF) subsidy in your home.
Is it okay for my supervisor to sign me up on the Registry?
I am a Registry member, and I have training or education documentation to submit for verification. Where do I send it?
Maine Roads to Quality Professional Development Network
University of Southern Maine
PO Box 9300
Portland, ME 04104-9300
What is the difference between Maine Roads to Quality (MRTQ) and Quality for ME?
- The Maine Roads to Quality Registry is a system for INDIVIDUALS.
- Registry membership should be updated regularly, but never expires.
- There is no fee to join the Registry (as of 3/18/16)
- Quality for ME is a system for the PROGRAM.
- Enrollment with Quality for ME must be renewed every three years.
- There is no fee to join Quality for ME.